Spey Pages banner

181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
It's been a minute since anyone has posted in this thread, so I'll revive it. Steelhead tying is winding down for me, and trout season is coming quickly. Working on some staple streamers to fill boxes and bins

First is a Finn Racoon streamer. White and chartreuse finn Racoon, with grey and chartreuse laser dub head. Lots of color variations still left to tie on this one, but I haven't restocked my laser dub yet.

Second is a Baby Bow articulated pattern. Nothing too crazy. Marabou, UV flash wrap, flashabou, laser dub. I usually stock these in both rainbow and brown trout patterns.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'd like to see that baby bow in action. That thing looks wicked.
I don't have my swim tank set up at the moment, but when I get finished with all the patterns I need, I'll swim them all and post a video

·
Registered
400 Posts
Villnock's Roamer, scaled down to size 1. I've been looking for a lightweight, alewive imitation for the Upper Delaware. This pattern came across my feed, and it looked perfect. It's originally a bass pattern, imitating shad, but looked too good not to try. Has a few lead wraps on the bend for keeling, but should be light enough to cast with a trout spey or single hand rod.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,734 Posts
Inspired by the trout candy here is my contribution

IMG_1853.jpg

·
Registered
400 Posts
Refreshing the thread with some recent ties. First is Barr's Meat Whistle. Tied here in 1/0 as a kind of mid way size for both trout and bass.

Second is soft hackle from playing at the vise. Copper and brown wire body, twisted using a "Houdini Weave", with a brown partridge feather. I'm curious how this would transition to larger hooks, like a BH #3. Seems like it would be more durable than just wrapping directly like I do with some of my pattens

·
Registered
57 Posts
My favorite swing water in Maryland has a population of rainbows that love orange and pink above anything more subtle and trouty. This winter I tried some downsized Polar Shrimp and they got crushed, so I thought this spring I'd experiment a bit with some SRC patterns. Hoping to test them out next weekend!

Spade-ish Swinger

Borden's Special

181 - 192 of 192 Posts