Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried the zspey handle rid and what do you think? looking for info as to how it works and if it will improve my casting.. Is it heavy ? any info would be wonderful.. thanks..

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,060 Posts
I asked the same question about a year ago

and got a couple of replies that suggested running the other direction quickly. Other than one video, I've never seen or heard anything about them lately. None of the European fly shops whose sites I've visited seem to carry them.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
With GC here.

and got a couple of replies that suggested running the other direction quickly. Other than one video, I've never seen or heard anything about them lately. None of the European fly shops whose sites I've visited seem to carry them.
An idea before its time? Ditto with lots of press then 'zip.' There has to be a reason for that?

fae

·
Registered
304 Posts
I played with one when I went to Oregon and I loved it!
If your underhand casting it works out pretty well. If I ever get the chance I'm totally gonna buy one

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Not down & out yet, but "morphed".....

http : / / w w w dot zpey.com/en/rods.aspx

on their current rod pages, the only remaining zig-zag handle is the muted modification to the original design concept in a competition rod - all the rest have straight standard handles.

so, if you wish to try out such rods, then you should be looking for close-out sales, or second user rods ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
They still do the z handle in the HM and inspire double hand series if you look through their range

·
Registered
254 Posts
On 15/2/14 Mr Mortensen will be releasing his own range of rods from his own company, Salmologic. Some of these will be offered with the Zpey type handle.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Zspey Handles

Never really here of them now,
I watched the guys from Z spey, (a couple of really good distance casters), take the handles off the rods changing them to the normal handle for casting on the platform, then change them back to the shotgun handle before putting the rods on the stand at the fly show.
Enough said.
Gordon
DTX Pro Staff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
ZPEY rods

I have an 11/8 switch rod HM signature series, 12 foot 8 inch 8 pound test Infinity and a 13 foot 9 weight HM signature rods all loaded with reels, shooting heads and sink tips.
Depending on the new rods available from salmologic I might sell one or two rods.

PM if interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts