Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so far I have drawn for 3 Loop Quattro Spey lines and one Gawesworth book. Once we hit 125 subscribers (6 to go) I will draw for another Quattro. At 150 I'll draw for another of Simon's books. That will leave me with one more line to draw.

I'm thinking it might be fun to draw for the line perhaps at 175, and then do something different for hitting the 200 mark, the "magic number" I indicated a few months back. Here are my thoughts:

1. do another draw for perhaps a rod/line or reel/line combo
2. same as #1 except it isn't a draw, the 200th paid subscriber will win.

What do you think? Other ideas?

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
How many times can I subscribe? :lildevl:

I like the 200th gets the rod seeing that that is the magic number. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Vinnie

·
Registered
106 Posts
Target in sight !

What about the 200th subscriber gets a Quattro guaranteed, and then do a draw for the combo between all 200 subscribers.
Might I hasten to add that anyone who has not yet subscribed, really should give themselves a present of a subscription to Dana`s site.
Cascade.

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
Cascade said:
What about the 200th subscriber gets a Quattro guaranteed, and then do a draw for the combo between all 200 subscribers.
Might I hasten to add that anyone who has not yet subscribed, really should give themselves a present of a subscription to Dana`s site.
Cascade.
I like Cascade's idea. Since we are all contributing to the future of the Spey Clave I feel that we should all get the chance for the combo. It isn't going to be JUST # 200 that determines the future of the site, we all had to subscribe in order to keep it alive. Sure, guarantee something for the one that puts us over the top, but all subscribers should have the chance to win something of this magnitude.

·
Registered
30 Posts
draw

Agree that all subscribers should be in for all the draws--not just the 200th for the final draw

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, revised options

we have two on the board now:

1. 200th subscriber gets a Quattro; everyone is included in the draw for "the big prize"

or

2. everyone is included in both draws that will happen once we hit 200.

Let me know which you prefer--majority rules!

·
Registered
147 Posts
my leaning toward all eligible for both draws.

Dana, at present my thinking is that the entire subscription base should be eligible for both drawings. Also, another thought along with this is that there may be some of us who would win one of these drawings and just not accept the prize and put it back for auction to add a few more shekels back into the subscription coffer. Even as highly sought after as these items may be. Just my thinking. Best, Stiver

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
175th- Draw for the Quattro
200th- Loop Reel/Carron Combo EVERYONE

First 50 subscribers- In on BONUS Draw (moderate thank you prize). It would seem that giving the 200th guy a gift for being last would be unfair to those who saw it important to subscribe immediatly. Now, if a small token of appreciation for completing the were made, I'm sure it would be appropiate.

Dana- Good to hear we're so close, I was wondering if I sent you an email with an attach. of a video (.wmv or .mpeg) of my casting could you put it on the MEMBERS board for ribbing, critique, and encouragement?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Everyone eligible for both.

That would seem to give the fairest treatment to those who have already backed the program.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It may seem a touch unfair but to save a lot of time and effort just send the goods to me.

Simple.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Dana does a great job.

As someone who has had instruction from Dana, it really made a big improvement in my casting. I look forward to some more instruction in the future.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, that seem unanimous!

all subscribers in for all draws, and anyone who wins anything sends it along to Willie Gunn straight away! :chuckle:

and I'd be happy to throw some private lessons in to the mix--thanks Bob and Ted!

BTW--1 more subscriber and I draw for another Quattro...click on the link to subscribe with Paypal: http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/subscriptions.php?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts