Eastern Sunset, posted by s.fontinalis a while back. Well - it seemed like a pattern I could copy with the majority of materials or suitable subs on-hand. As soon as the tail it proved beyond what my materials and skill are up to. In order to go-on I had to adjust by using two thinned toppings - crossed over then tied-in slightly forked in order to keep them straight. For the IC I used two very small GP feathers side-to-side, veiling and drawn together to shore-up the tail further. With some hiccups here and there, breaking thread, I cruised through the body clear to the underwing, then hit another wall with the woodduck in the wing. :hihi:
I've used kori before, but it wasn't working for me without wasting too much... I'll spare you this time. At this point I simply continued stacking materials atop until I felt better about the turn-out. Very different and the BZ did spring on me - but it's there only morphed even further...
I may be asking too much of this next attempt at different pattern, but if you look hard enough you might see the Black Dog in there. It's what I had in mind...
Not a very telling picture but the tinsel under the silk really glows through in this one. Fairly well through the tag at least.
Anyhow - welcome to critique and comment. Looking forward always,