Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning out my old Pathfinder to trade it in, and I ran across no less than 6 rolls of electrical tape... Anybody else have any other telltale signs?

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
You know you are a speyfisher if...

you want a big belly and a small stick! :hihi:

(Stolen joke from Topher Browne)

·
Registered
127 Posts
YOU know that you are sick when you are in a meeting at work and daydreaming about landing the big one.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,475 Posts
Your gun safe is full of rods and reels and your closet full of guns.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You are on the brink of divorce!!!!

:hihi:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
peter s-c

a 13 IS a shortrod,almost a boatrod :hihi: i'd have electrical tape if i drove anissan myself,and duct tape,maskingtape, :biggrin: ,,6 rolls!?wow,,,heck i figured you were a speyhead if you looked in the rear view mirror and saw YOUR flies,tied to YOUR very long hand tied leader bouncing along behind you :lildevl:

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
YOU know that you are sick when you have three pieces of carpet in you’re truck on the floor boards so you’re spikes don’t dig into the metal floor (they wear out so just add more, when I get to 5 pieces I’ll started over again)!! :hihi:

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
I now "air cast" on imaginary waters to imaginary fish with two hands instead of one

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just pointing out the obvious here:

When you understand exactly what is being meant by these comments. :hihi:

William

·
Registered
194 Posts
When you daydream about inventing an Elavating Wading Boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
You know your a spey caster when...

You pray a fish doesn't take your fly so can cast again!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
when using a spinning rod

with spinners of course,,every stinking cast you're losing a spinner due to the anchor :hihi: but i am casting a bit differently with terminal type rods :whoa:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
.....When you fish a run from the far side first,...because you can :smokin:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
When you take along a tape measure to shop for a new car...

When you buy a used car for its roof rack...

When you use a pin vise and Crazy Glue to make a blind splice repair of your broken shoestring...

When you stop fishing the steelhead-laden stream next to your property because it's only thirty feet wide...

·
Registered
113 Posts
When you take 5 different fly rods for a couple of hours fishing, just in case the conditions dictate a change.

You are also willing to pay twice the price for everything, just because it says "Spey" in the title.

You get upset and frustrated doing anything other than casting your way down beautiful tree lined salmon pools!

You spend every day at work watching the weather and counting how many days leave you have left.

You even look up the times of the high tides when you are not going fishing.

I could go on, but I may get arrested!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts