Spey Pages banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out a wife of one of my (reasonable) close neighbors (he's a Jackson County Sheriff) has taken a liken to fly fishing .. think spey rod fishing.:roll: Totally charming young woman whose driven behind the house and sees 'stacks' of rigged up rods. Apparently even taken a couple of local spey casting classes from someone locally.

Neighborhood Xmas party (think progressive dinner .. but for 'drinks' -well actually wine) this evening, 'would you take me out and show me how?' No problem on my part, but catch a bit of reservation on her part. Gotta wonder why as I'm old enough to be her father .. or even a 'younger grand father.:(

What the hell is it with women now-a-days? :saevilw: Do they all think someone wants to jump their bones?:confused: It (maybe?) gets more interesting ... neighbor's wife (who is the 'bees-knees'- great LADY, as is her Mother) asked me to take her to the Denmon Bar to get rocks for a small landscaping project. Take her and her daughter up there (I wanted to run a few lines on the new 16' footer anyway) early this afternoon ("pre-neighborhood Xmas Party). Can tell husband not in a "good place" with this idea. I'm from the old school, and I don't understand the 'new school.' Nor do I want .. our world is too full of "PC" bull shxt.

Jesus IS Christ .. this is the LAST place I'd think of dipping my wick which I'm not interested in doing anyway):tsk_tsk: ; your neighbor, you really LIKE the husband, the daughter is a total hoot ...

Where the heck has our 'older' world gone too? At close to 65, I'm obviously "clueless.":rolleyes:

·
Registered
640 Posts
A more insecure world; selling loud reels

Fred, although I'm tempted to make a wisecrack about how your antics in the '70s may be catching up with you:saevilw: , this is a snapshot of how our busy, media soaked world has changed. Either they're too busy and haven't taken time to get to know you well enough, or they watch too many TV shows where the dangerous pervert is always the guy who seems most trustworthy. The TV world would like us to think everything is about sex. I suspect that what you experienced is because those folks have been sucked in by that worldview.

It's never wrong for a woman to be careful, and it may be that the woman seeking coaching was worried that she might have sent a message you'd take the wrong way. Honorable as you may be, there are men who might fancy her approach as a come-on. The last time I was asked by a woman for spey instruction 1:1, I encouraged her to bring a friend if she wanted to, and arranged to meet at a very public and popular access. She was reassured and things went great.

With husband of the rock-hunting mother/daughter, could it be that you're the recruited ally in a project he doesn't want to happen? Maybe he won't help and resents that his wife 'found another man' (no sexual connotation necessary). On first read, I did wonder why husband doesn't go help them get rocks himself.

The girl in the Hardy ads must be the real reason those old, noisy reels are popular, eh?

Carl

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thoughts Carl.

The 'bring a friend' hadn't occurred to me; I'll pass that on when I see her next.

And you're reeeaaaal close on your other observation. What started out with me building a vegie garden plot is now all gardens, grape vines, etc., from one end to the other (a 2-3 hundred yard long strip behind our collective homes). "She" and I are known to the whole neighborhood as the "Berm Buddies/Berm Busters;" 'she/we/I' do 95% of all the clean up, maintenance, etc., on what otherwise would be complete 'eye-sour;) .'

People are just strange now-a-days in the world of "PC."

·
Registered
693 Posts
Fred,

Carl makes some great points. Perhaps you should let them know that you have to many women chained up in your basement already and they have nothing to worry about! :saeek: Just kidding. :hihi: But perhaps being direct to clear the air would help.

Charlie.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Fred,

I think that it is about time you came to terms with it.... face up to it buddy - you are just totally hot :smokin:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
But I do know what you mean. A couple of years ago around Christmas, I was out shopping and there was this little kid, maybe 3 or 4 who had clearly lost his mom and was crying and upset. My instinct was to pick the kid up and comfort him and take him to a teller, but I stopped myself, rather than risk being assaulted as a molester I left the little one on the ground and called to a female store employee to come and look after the kid,,, it is a little sad.

·
Registered
886 Posts
kush said:
A couple of years ago around Christmas, I was out shopping and there was this little kid, maybe 3 or 4 who had clearly lost his mom and was crying and upset. My instinct was to pick the kid up and comfort him and take him to a teller,
A 3 or 4 year being picked up by you!! I shudder at the thought the poor wee fellow would have died of fright.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Ahh Malcolm.... you survived it just fine :whoa:

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Todays women

fredaevans said:
What the hell is it with women now-a-days? :saevilw: Do they all think someone wants to jump their bones?:confused:
You may be closer to hitting the nail on the head than you think Fred. Remember what generation all of these women were a part of, and what the common philosophy of the day was back then.:saeek: :D :saevilw: :lildevl: :tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Extra points for JD.

Think you're right on target. Interesting 'world' we live in.:rolleyes: Radio comment yesterday driving back from Seattle. Gather some FOUR YEAR OLD boy has been charged with "sexual harassment" for pinching some other 4 year old on the butt. Not enough? Another report: think the kid was about 5 or 6 ... gave his standing teacher a Merry Christmas hug (facing each other). You can guess the rest ... Sweet Jesus.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Point well taken ST.

sinktip said:
Just a subtle reminder that this is a spey casting board.

Sorry, it's been a very weird past 7 days. Which included my Daughter's home in Renton burning to the ground. Lost everything, save for the clothing on her back. The only 'bright spot' was her insurance carrier is USAA.

These folks DO take care of their own; and do it NOW.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Fred,

Very sorry to hear of your daughter's loss and am glad to hear nobody was hurt. As a close friend of mine said last April when they lost their house in a fire, "as long as everyone gets out, the rest of it is just replaceable stuff". I understand that but it is still devastating. May your daughter and her family have great christmas and a better 2007.

Duggan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts