Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentlemen; I guess it is time to come out of the closet. I have been following the site for the last couple of years but never got around to registering (not too much of a joiner I guess). I was wondering if someone with experience with the long bellies might be able to help me. I've been at this game for a while now and fish only two rods; a sage 9140-3 that I built when the blank first became available (like to stick with the tried and true-friends say too cheap to buy a new stick) and a 15 ft. 10 wt. diamondback backwater that I just had to rebuild because it was so ugly:eyecrazy: . I use the sage as an all around stick and the diamond back does the heavy lifting(does it very well) and the real distance stuff. My casting style tends to be very British, I don't like to shoot unless I have too and Ireally like working a long line. I never liked the Rio lines very much (nothing personal Simon) because I found the bellys too short so for the last little while Ihave been fishing the mastery lines. The 10/11 is perfect for the sage,but I had always wished for a bit more belly for thediamondback sas it can easily handle more. I was thinking about going back to a double taper for it when somebody read my thoughts and the new lines came out. Didn't particularly care for your initial comments on the XLT Dana ;) Since I really liked the mastery lines I thought I would go with the Xlt over the Grand Spey as I think? I would like the longer front taper. Anyway all This to get to my question. Given that the diamondback handles the 10/11 Masteryjust right do you think the best choice would be a10/11 XLT or would it be better to back off to a 9/10

1 - 1 of 1 Posts