Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an as new Airflo rage head 480gr that I would like to trade for either a 450gr or 540 gr rage head.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
I have an as new Airflo rage head 480gr that I would like to trade for either a 450gr or 540 gr rage head.
can you tell us about your experience with the line? I was looking at one for possible purchase, though in a lower grain

How does it compare to other skagit heads?

thx!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like it, smoother than a skagit switch, and has more authority in the wind with larger steelhead flies than a scandi...... the manufacturers description is very accurate.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
would you suggest the same weight rage that I am now using in a compact
skagit?
I would line it more like a scandi- especially if you like your skagits heavy- dont mean to hijack your classified thread- I really like these rage lines- Ive only come across two for sale or trade used- both seeking lighter weights in the same head.

·
Steelhead junkie
342 Posts
I would line it more like a scandi- especially if you like your skagits heavy- dont mean to hijack your classified thread- I really like these rage lines- Ive only come across two for sale or trade used- both seeking lighter weights in the same head.
Interesting comment SkagitMiester. My main stick right now is the TCX 7126 of which I line with a 480gr Rio steelhead scandi and a 525 Skagit Flight. Was considering trying the 510 Rage, but am now reconsidering. With that being said.......

Heli-Fish, if you don't find someone to trade with, please shoot me a PM if you decide you want to sell the 480gr Rage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts