Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS/Trade: Skagit Flight 550 for Skagit Flight 500 or 525

I have Skagit Flight 550 thats been casted on water 3 times.

Looking to trade it out for Skagit Flight 525 or 500. My rod is a bit overloaded with 550, would like something lighter.

SOLD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Z-Axis 7136. Purchased from my friend (was previously on sale on here).

After a couple days of casting it, it's a bit over loaded for my taste. Willing to sell for $35 as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Glad you ended up getting the rod. :) I am the guy with the T&T 1307.

FYI, you should try to stick with 550. I think Bob would recommended even higher grain weight, but, 550 should be fine. Unless you have a really aggressive top hand stroke, the rod will rod the line fine and shoot it out. I know some accomplished caster who shoot 600 on that rod.

I think 500 might be a bit on the light side if you plan to throw a decent size flies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you ended up getting the rod. :) I am the guy with the T&T 1307.

FYI, you should try to stick with 550. I think Bob would recommended even higher grain weight, but, 550 should be fine. Unless you have a really aggressive top hand stroke, the rod will rod the line fine and shoot it out. I know some accomplished caster who shoot 600 on that rod.

I think 500 might be a bit on the light side if you plan to throw a decent size flies.
Thanks verendus. I casted saturday and sunday and though I got plenty of line out there, it felt a bit heavy and sluggish. I casted 525 on Sunday and I definitely liked it a bit better. felt quite a bit more crisp and was able to turn over a good 10ft of T-14 + a moderately weighed fly and shoot it out a good 80ft.

I will say, both work great but I think a 525 or even a 500 might be a better fit for me. Perhaps 500 is pushing it but I've heard its not unheard of for guys to be shooting 475's with the 7136.

We'll see...maybe I'll sit on it for a week and do more casting this weekend and decide from there.

In the mean time, if anyone has a 525 or 500, let me know!

·
Tight line takes
829 Posts
The 525 is perfect for that rod IMHO. I have casted that setup and the 525 was just butter on that rod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts