Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTT....Weekly Stogie Trade!

Mods gave me the ok and agreed that this could prove to be fun...so thought I'd provide members with a WTT opportunity for a 5 pack of great cigars, once a week for a handful of weeks. I have a lifetime of cigars in a several humidors in my office so I figured I'd change things up a bit and just have some fun with some of them. Trade fodder related to spey or trout fly fishing is perfect...fly tying tools or materials work too. Reels, spools...gadgets...you get the picture. I'll cover shipping of the cigars and they'll be shipped as a gift in a small USPS flat rate Priority Mail box, in a zip lock. I'm not picky...as I said, just want to have some fun. If this post works I will do another one next week. If trade value is higher than the value of the cigars...I have more. I maintain my humidors at 65/65 and many of these cigars have been resting peacefully for 2-3 years. Very enjoyable cigars...

So here's the first one...a 5 pack of Gurkha Titans...the Original Titans...not Titan II or Titan Specials. Great cigar that were $20ish a piece. We could work something on up to 10 of these (wanna keep some) or maybe just work on another 5 pack.

If you think this thread is a fun idea...please enjoy it. If you're not so crazy about the thread...please don't flame me...shoot me a PM. Just trying to bring a smile and provide some good smokes along rivers across the country! Next week I'll probably do a mix and match 5 pack.

Here are some details on the Titan...

A mighty vitola that weighs in at a hefty 6.25” x 56 and bursts with medium to full-bodied goodness. The complex layers of rich, silky smooth flavors are derived from the vintage tobaccos utilized. A gorgeous Costa Rican maduro wrapper, cultivated in 1996, hugs a lush blend of Honduran, Dominican, and Columbian tobaccos, which has been aging in cedar for 5 years. Secured by a delicious Nicaraguan binder, these fine tobaccos are the ultimate marriage, promoting a burst of toasty, cedary flavors delivered in rich fashion that grows in intensity throughout the burn.

·
Lucky Bastard
690 Posts
Great Idea.Let me give it some thought.

Scott:smokin:

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Them Ashtons are staring at me:Eyecrazy::chuckle:

Do I see a Ghurka Man O War in there?:smokin:

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Stogies

Them Ashtons are staring at me:Eyecrazy::chuckle:

Do I see a Ghurka Man O War in there?:smokin:
Those are Man O Wars and the Ashton's are a great smoke too!

I've had a few folks ask if they could work a trade for more than a 5 pack of cigars...of course...that's not a problem. I'm open to trades as large as a fly rod. This is all about having a little fun and doing some good old bartering. I've got a thousand or so cigars...so I'm open minded to trading for something greater in value. There's not a cheap cigar in the bunch.

I've also had a couple guys mention they're waiting for a milder cigar to pop up. Will do my best there and as I posted earlier, will probably do a mix n match from now on to offer some variety.

Thanks for playing along...

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First Trade Is Done

Well...the first trade is officially completed. Appreciate the page views and PM's in support of this thread. I will post another 5 pack...maybe a 10 pack...probably Friday and we will have a bit more fun over the weekend. I figure this is a fun way to be a contributing member of the forum!

Thanks again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts