Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to trade near new Echo 13' TR 7 weight spey rod for good used 3-season 3-person tent.

North face
REI
Eureka
Kelty
No coleman please.

·
Registered
943 Posts
My brother picked up this rod as a backup rod. He has many nice rods and yet when we fish for winter runs he uses this rod. Fit and finish are nothing to brag about, but the rod can sling some serious string. I'm not in the market for a new rod, but I would seriously consider this one.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
Are you looking for a backpacking tent (light, 3 fit like sardines, no headroom) or something for car camping (or masochist backpacking, comfortable with room to spare and headroom, but heavier)? It occurs to me that I happen to have a Sierra Designs Nomad 4.1 (sold for about about $350 10 years ago, but also about 11 lbs total) in the latter category brand new, never taken out of the bag or set up. Just never had the "car camping visitors" I expected - I usually just do only long backpacking trips solo or with one other.Sierra Designs is as good as or better that the brands you mentioned. Probably not as good a the best in catigory - BD in IMHO.

On the outside chance this might be what you are looking for, I can't really use the rod (too many already) but I would let it go for $100 and shipping. I was going to sell it on Backpackinglight.com, home of my other online tribe, at some point when I got motivated. Seems a shame to never have it get used.

If you know what you are talking about and want a 3-person tent because you actually want 2 people to fit, then this one may be too big for you. Anyway, just a thought. Specs can be found here at this long dead REI link (it a pretty old model "brand new" tent):

http://www.rei.com/product/719734/sierra-designs-nomad-41-tent-closeout

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question Botsari

I am looking for a minimum 3 person 3 or 4 season with head room NOT sardine style.

Thanks for the offer, I'm going to look for a few more days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts