Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received a brand new, bench made Bozeman Reel Co. SC Model 325. It has never been fished, lined, or even mounted on a rod - absolutely mint condition. These are hand made one at a time to order and sell for $600. Unfortunately, it's too small to balance out the 12' 5wt rod I am building. I would like to trade it for a larger reel of similar design/look - black side plates, serpentine handle, etc. - perhaps a Hardy Cascapedia or Bill Ballan. I will certainly consider used reels if anyone is interested. Thanks for looking!

A photo of my reel from the maker's website (http://bozemanreel.com/products/reels/sc-series) is below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, the larger size isn't in production yet...Will post pics of the innards this weekend (should have done that originally!).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you ever find anyone to swap you a better-sized reel for your bench-made Bozeman 325? While I don't have any classically-styled reels to swap (I do have an older Lamson 3.5 and an as-new Hardy Zenith sitting in my collection of unused stuff - both reels that would balance well on a 12 foot light-weight spey), would you consider instead a cash offer for the reel? I have a 7 1/2 foot bamboo for a 4 weight that would look just right fitted out with this reel or its twin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts