Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
skagitard with skagitude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SA Sharksin Trout WF 3 weight line for sale. Figured spey pages was the perfect place to put this up (kidding)

Line has been used but seems to be in nice shape. I got it in a trade and have no need for the line itself. Retail is $99, I'll sell for $40 shipped to the first who wants it.

I would prefer to trade it straight up for a 4 weight line, let me know what you have!

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Is this for sure Sharkskin, or could it be textured? Either way, great line...wish I could take it off your hands. Cats just had a field day with my 3 wt line while I was out :Eyecrazy:

·
skagitard with skagitude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this for sure Sharkskin, or could it be textured? Either way, great line...wish I could take it off your hands. Cats just had a field day with my 3 wt line while I was out :Eyecrazy:
The textured ones have a noticeable texture to them, right? 99.999999% sure its a sharskin.

No ID tags on the line.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The textured ones have a noticeable texture to them, right? 99.999999% sure its a sharskin.

No ID tags on the line.
Not sure, my textured line on my 5 just feels grainy, just a lesser version of the sharkskin. The sharkskin really "zips" when you pull the line. I liked my sharkskin on my 8, but noticed it kinda ate away at my rod finish when handling a lot of line. I got it replaced with the textured and it's not as bad now. Reason I asked if because the textured line I have is the exact same color as yours in the picture.

·
skagitard with skagitude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, my textured line on my 5 just feels grainy, just a lesser version of the sharkskin. The sharkskin really "zips" when you pull the line. I liked my sharkskin on my 8, but noticed it kinda ate away at my rod finish when handling a lot of line. I got it replaced with the textured and it's not as bad now. Reason I asked if because the textured line I have is the exact same color as yours in the picture.
Thanks for the info. This line is not grainy like the GPX textured line I had for my 5wt

I assume this is the color?

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Thanks for the info. This line is not grainy like the GPX textured line I had for my 5wt

I assume this is the color?
Yep, so it probably is sharkskin. My sharkskin was the steelhead, so the color was different. I've been thinking of switching to sharkskin for my little 3 wt, it's the unsanded Superfine Touch so some line rub won't do it much harm.

·
skagitard with skagitude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, so it probably is sharkskin. My sharkskin was the steelhead, so the color was different. I've been thinking of switching to sharkskin for my little 3 wt, it's the unsanded Superfine Touch so some line rub won't do it much harm.
I love those SFT rods. The new orvis superfine glass rods are bomb too. The rod I just traded for is a little sage 4wt 6'9 LL. Pumped to try it out once I get a line for it

·
Registered
650 Posts
I love those SFT rods. The new orvis superfine glass rods are bomb too. The rod I just traded for is a little sage 4wt 6'9 LL. Pumped to try it out once I get a line for it
Nice! I love the feel of my SFT. It's a 6'6", and am thinking about getting a 4 wt around 8' or so for my next rod purchase. I got a mint condition Ocean City 76 out of suggestion from another member here, very sweet little reel. Super loud click, and cheap too. Haven't gotten a fish on the reel yet, but that feeling of having a 15" trout flex you into the handle is awesome! Now if I can get a fish on that reel I'll be in heaven!

Anyway - about the line. Are there any noticable cracks anywhere where water could seep in? A friend of mine showed me his 2 yr old sharkskin and it's littered with cracks and grime (I don't think he cleaned it ever...) I'm contemplating taking that line off your hands.

·
skagitard with skagitude
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll clean it tonight and let you know. Its been sitting on the reel since this morning when I picked it up.

·
Registered
875 Posts
WF3 sharkskin

If anyone is interested I have a WF3 Shark Skin that has been grass cast once. Will sell with the original box for $45 shipped. Not quite as heavy as I was looking for. PM me if interested.

Thanks,

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts