Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Korean made Hardy Marquis Salmon Size 1 w/ green neoprene Hardy Case.
Minimal use, no major marks or blemishes. Clean. Operates perfectly. Just not getting used as my Taupo fills the bill for my smaller rods.
Asking $200 USD shipped Canada or CONUS.

Mike

Attachments

·
The Dirty G
50 Posts
Would this be too big for a 6wt 10'6 switch rod? Does that fly come with it?
What rod do you have it on in the picture?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it would be too much reel. I have used it on a 10'6" 7 weight and it certainly didn't seem heavy by any means. That fly is no longer with us but I could throw in a similar to the deal. In that picture it is on a Sage 6119 TCX. That was a nice match-up.

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,046 Posts
I own several Salmon 1, 2, and 3 reels. The 1 is a great reel for Switch rods up thru 6 weight spey rods. Anything longer than 13' my not balance well. And, as to line weight, I think the angler has to decide how much backing he or she is comfortable with. The Salmon series are essentially identical in works; the only reel difference is size. The Salmon 2 is only about a 1/2 ounce heavier than the 1. But its capacity is about 33% more.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Would this reel work with a 13'6" 8wt or is that more in line with the marquis 2?
Salmon #2 or a bit heavier for that rod, no question.

Would this be too big for a 6wt 10'6 switch rod? Does that fly come with it?
What rod do you have it on in the picture?
Would not be too heavy IMHO. You might prefer a bit lighter Marquis #10, or even a #8/9, but it probably would be ok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts