Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale a CND Black Spey 12'6" #5/6/7. It is in good used condition. Comes with sock and not original tube.
Price is $250. Shipping for free.
I will ship it WORLDWIDE! I accept paypal.
If you have any questions write a PM.

Will send pictures to those who are interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cnd 5/6/7

Can you send along some pictures of the rod's overall condition? Looking for close ups of the ferrules' condition, reel seats, cork and eyes. I have the CND 6/7/8 13'6" Rod and love it. I would definitley like to see the smaller brother. If the condition is in good to excellent shape I might be persuaded to take it off your hands.

·
JD
3,607 Posts
CND Black Speys

Many, I think, are somewhat skeptical of CND rods for one reason or another. Be it made in Japan, poor (nonexistent) dealer representation, or the not so common spigot ferrules. Of the latter misconception, a closer examination will reveal the common tip over butt, made to look like spigot ferrules used on the pricier models.

A friend of mine absolutely hates the BS action, which he describes as *&^#^&*!!! My definition would be more along the lines of what, in the olden days, was dubbed progressive. Whatever,,,,works for me.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Couldn't disagree more. Been fishing a CND Black Spey 14' 8/10 with a delta 8/9 for a few months now. Pretty much one of the VERY BEST spey rods I've ever cast...it works really good for me. These are outstanding rods in my opinion. I almost bought this rod but I rarely (never) use rods that light for steelhead. Bet the buyer will love it!!

Don't know anything about "faux" (faked) spigot ferrules, why would they be faked? Doesn't make any sense to me. On the rod I'm fishing the spigots work great, loosen less than I expect and...the rod is a premium caster!

Update: the ferrules clearly are not spigot or internal. As JDJones noted, they are fake (faux). I still like the way this rod casts though, one of the best I've experienced.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts