Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horrible cell phone pic but I was on the river this morning and this came screaming up river. Yes that is a guy on top. Thought they might be counting redds until a while later they drifted down through the run and both captain and first mate were throwing gear. The latter still up in the crow's nest!

After pondering the reason you would ever do this, (e.g. - targeted snagging?), I settled on it just being a poor man's Jim Teeny :lildevl: (For those of us who have been around a while, you will understand the reference.)

Today was opening day and I got beat to the run I wanted, kudos to whoever did it as it rarely happens. Settled for a run downriver even though I knew I would feel like a rabbit on the track at the Indy 500 with all the jet sleds. I don't mind sharing the water but do they really have to cast over my line? Ended early as it was that or end up either in the hospital or jail.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
WTH or WTF?

Tree stand being reused for sight fishing?

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Ah - Yes. Were they throwing gear and boulders???

Good call getting out of there. By far the strangest thing ever. Can't imagine the angler staying up there very long on the Cowlitz with all the boat-wakes tearing up the water.

Speaking of: How about a swamp/airboat on the same stream? I heard the darn thing coming up stream lllooonnnggg before appearing around a bend. Not as weird - just seemed of place.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
You haven't seen everything until you see the Vanity Fair cover with Bruce Jenner THEN you've seen everything! :)

Fishn4ever, I was admiring your work in the flies section (hooks,feathers,etc.) absolutely stunning! Any chance you could spin up some clauser imitations for trout? Say a #6 or so? I've been hammering the local bows with this pattern but and I want to try some I pressions on Maine salmon

Sorry you all have to deal with the noise and hubbub that accompanies hig money rivers. There is solitude and sentiment in trout fishing but not as much drama in touching the natural resources

Cheers,
J

Edited for spelling

·
Registered
98 Posts
So does that mean Brucella hits from the ladies tees?

Puts a totally new spin on the golf term " Dink Out" now doesn't it

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
It's an attempted cure for the 'small man' syndrome !! :saevilw:

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
22'6" spey rod, brilliant!

·
JD
3,612 Posts
******* casting platform

Wonder how the hell he got up there? :chuckle:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JD, he climbed up. I saw him climb down and switch rods or something and scamper back up.

·
Bob Rodgers
231 Posts
We can hope he’s planning something fantastic out of the playbook of Evel Knievel.

Two wishes:

1. I get to see the video.
2. He lets me drive the boat.
:chuckle:

Akroyd,

Great quote....and funny.

Be good,
Bob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts