Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang. Here's something I'm searching for that should be easier to source than an Olson or San Jose Thompson or EC Powell bamboo... Ha!

Looking for a Winter Authority 55 7/8 to try on my Reid bamboo. Haven't been able to locate one new. Help a brother out.

Failing that... anyone got a Rio Unispey Versitip head they've decided they don't like? Or anything in the 55'ish range? Prefer tips lines.

Lemme know fellas.

R

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
First place I looked! Seems like the WA 55 7/8 is out of stock and backordered. If something doesn't pop up here, I'll likely order a Delta from Poppy.

R

·
Drags are for Sissys
310 Posts
TS perhaps?

Something to possibly try is the Tactical Steelhead, I only say that because its a delta like taper, but in a little shorter head. So you get the same smooth rollout on the forward cast like the delta. If you have your heart set on 55 feet then the Tactical Steelhead is not the answer, if you want a Delta style taper thats more manageable (50 or 55' is a little long on a 12' cane IMO) the Tactical Steelhead is pretty neat. Food for thought.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys. Lines are funny, eh? Some like the wa 55, but not the Rio Unispey, which is supposed to be similar. Others like the Unispey. James suggested a 7/8 Delta for his rod... Waynev thinks 55' might be too long for a 12' rod. Try the Tactical Steelhead instead. Try the wa 45. (The TS and WA 45 weren't really on my radar, but they are now!)

Sheesh! Ha! I thought people were opinionated about clicker reels!

Thanks for the suggestions and PMs gang. I do appreciate it.

R

·
Registered
284 Posts
The WA45 is killer on my 12 foot cane 8 weight!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, since Shamburg chimed in... And James also mentioned the WA45, and I have a bunch of PMs on the 45'er.... I ordered the WA45.

Thanks gang. Appreciate the feedback!

R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts