Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
If anyone is looking to sell a water master, either the Kodiak or Grizzly Model please let me know.
thanks,
Terrance

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi,
I have a Watermaster that I would be willing to sell, Its a kodiak expedition.
I bought it about a year ago and I have only used it a couple of times. I thought I would use it more but I got a job as a guide and I have been busy.
I purchased it from spey pages from a guy who had also only used it on one multi day trip and a couple of single day floats and was upgrading to a 2 person craft.
The boat is in perfect condition and I can send you some photos is you are interested.
I am based in Smithers BC
Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
133 Posts
Scaddens row circles around the WM, however the accessories are not as nice
I agree with rowing circles but what accessories are you taking about? I prefer the side bags to a cargo net and I also have the seat/bag for the back and find it really useful. Haven't used my motor mount and probably won't but the anchor mount seems ok. In my opinion the litespeed oars are twice the oar as the caviness too.

What about quality of materials and construction?
Pretty much identical in materials and construction. Same oar locks and D-rings (watermaster has more) but pretty easy to glue some on if you need it.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
My seat fell apart within a week of typical use, and broke a sidebag buckle after that. A friends seat fell apart, and sidebags were toast after a month of use

·
Registered
133 Posts
My seat fell apart within a week of typical use, and broke a sidebag buckle after that. A friends seat fell apart, and sidebags were toast after a month of use
My sidebag ripped pretty bad along the seam too but when I called Dave said they had a bad batch and had switched sewing companies. He sent me two brand new ones for free and even paid the shipping to Canada... I'll have to keep an eye on the seat though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've never had an issue with my WM and haven't heard any of my buddies mention an issue with theirs.

I would seriously question the assertion that quality of Scadden and WM are equal. Based upon actual experience with both brands.
I guess you're the expert then... Good luck in the Watermaster search Terrance. Looks like you've gotten some bites;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts