Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone to direct me to a person who sells Veevus thread in Canada. Having a hard time finding what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,735 Posts
Eskape Anglers

Bryant will sort you out, he is in Dieppe but shipping is fast..

Not completely sold on this thread yet myself

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
contact Scott Currie at flymart. he was one of the original dealers of Veevus in Canada. Super nice guy to deal with. he specializes in online mail order.

he's based on the north shore of Lake Huron, Ontario.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bryant will sort you out, he is in Dieppe but shipping is fast..

Not completely sold on this thread yet myself
Same here, not completely sold on it but then I haven't used it a lot. Got mine from Bryant @ Eskape Anglers. Let me know if you need contact info.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Threads

What would you recommend instead of the veevus?? Looking to tie some small caddis flies and some other small dries for this summer

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
What do you currently tie with and why are you considering Veevus?

I used to tie with Uni 6/0 until I switched to Veevus 10/0. Veevus is much strong and lies down easier without having to spin the thread flat (Uni).

For tying caddis, where pulling down on the elk/deer hair, I would think Veevus would be a very good choice.

What would you recommend instead of the veevus?? Looking to tie some small caddis flies and some other small dries for this summer

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I Find it very

Slippery and frays very easily. Currently 8/0 uni old standby but reliable

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thread

I use 8/0 for basically everything but I also use Gel Spun for and spinning. Just read up on the Veevus and wanted to try it out.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Frays? You may want to look at your bobbin for burrs? I've never had that problem.

Uni 8/0 when compared to Vevees 10/0 is night and day when it comes to strength.

Slippery and frays very easily. Currently 8/0 uni old standby but reliable

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
We all

catch the hook point occasionally. Just preference. I don't like it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Veevus Believer

I am a big fan of this thread. I use it pretty much exclusively for my regular tying.
I love the strength for size ratio and like how it handles.
I now use 10/0 instead of 6/0 (other brand) for standard tying and use 6/0 or 8/0 instead of 3/0 for streamers and steelhead ties.
New colors coming out. I am sold and not looking back
Mike

·
Registered
361 Posts
I purchased Veevus threads from Bryant at Eskape Anglers in New Brunswick. He is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thread

Since Turning to the Veevus, I've never looked back. I use the 10/0 almost exclusively. I don't find the 12/0 as stong. Ive bought it from Scott at Flymart.ca and also from Ray at Hook Line and Sinker.

·
Brockton
477 Posts
I hate to say it, because you should definitely buy it from flymart, but I feel obliged to mention that Sail has got a ton of it on the shelves. Or at least they do in the 2 stores here in Toronto.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'm with Wayne on this one... I used it for a couple months to give it a fair shot and it is VERY strong but frays easily from wax and I find it really really grippy when setting a wing. I think for tying little trout flies it would be perfect though because of its strength, for classic salmon flies its a no go for me, oh and you do have to untwist to get it to fully lay flat as with any thread I've ever used, your bobbin does the twisting while making turns its not the thread... For me you can't beat uni 8/0 or utc 70!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts