Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
23 year old (pretty broke) Steel Head addict here looking for my dream reel. I am new to Spey Pages but loving it already! I am in the market for a classic reel that can hold up to 9/10wt line or up to a 570/600 grain skagit head, It does not have to be in epic condition just good working condition... no drag needed. My price range is anywhere from 100-350$(it can be beat up, as long as it works and does its job). Looking for something classic like a Hardy Bougle MkVII '4 or Hardy Marquis no 1 or 2. Or either of those reels... I just quit my job to dedicate this year to finishing school (in conservation with an emphasis on Steelhead) and chase Steelhead every day (I do that already but I live in central CA....summer is brutal and lots of driving, will be living in southern OR come summer so I wanna make sure ive got something I can use on most of my switch and spey rods and most of all something that works. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'll have a marquis #2 in a couple days that you can buy.
I haven't put my hands on it but as far as i can tell it's in excellent condition.

I can pass it along for $325

send me a PM with you email addy if you're interested in some pictures?

Brent

·
Rodbuilder
104 Posts
Marquis 2

I have a single check Marquis Salmon 2 that I want to sell. Reel is tight with honest wear. Brass ribbed foot, English made. $225 + expenses. Send me a PM if interested. Pics available

1 - 4 of 4 Posts