Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listed are my ideal choices. But I'm open to suggestions. Let me know what you got. Thanks ahead of time.

ACR - 1173-4 or 1174-4

Amundson Wind Warrior - WWS4-1134

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just ordered the ACR1173-4 myself.

Gary has been great to deal with so far. I looked into a trout rod for quite a while, seems to me no one really makes a true trout spey but Gary. Also, i don't recall ever seeing anything but postive remarks about him or his rods from others.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also check into rod builder Colin Dunn. I have an Amundsen 1134 he built and it is a nice casting blank and a beautiful build.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys!

Swiftcurrent, what kind of turnaround are we looking at for the ACR's?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi
Check out my add in the classifieds. Custom built Beulah 4/5 10'-6".
Also originally built by Colin Dunn. (with further enhancements by me)

·
Registered
231 Posts
He carries some rods in stock and ready to ship. I would guess you could have one in hand inside a week. If you want to upgrade to one of his custom rods which I opted for, then a couple of weeks. He does travel to a few flyfishing shows/events throughout the year so that may effect custom build times. But he was upfront about that and told me when he would start and finish my rod.

You may want to read the ACR rod review regardin the trout speys on the '2handtrout' website/blog. I spoke to Dave Henry by phone before opting for one of Gary's rods. He also spoke very highly of them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Swifcurrent. I am familiar with the site, as well as the reviews. That's actually how I drew up my conclusion of Gary's rods to be my top choice. Will try to call Dave tomorrow eve to pick his brain.

With that said, anybody have an ACR 1173 or 1174 lying around :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts