Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, gang. Trying to dial in a rod and could use a few lines to fool around with. Being on the east coast, there just isn’t a shop nearby with lines to try. You know how it goes.

Rod is an 11’ 4/5 wt bamboo trout spey built by my friend James Reid. You know the guy. Fishing softhackles thru 3” sculpins. Not nymphing with this rod. Home trout water is Penns Creek with the occasional jaunt for smallies in creeks and big rivers. Working on both my sustained anchor and kiss-and-go casts.

Anyway... Here’s what I’m looking for:

Airflo Rage Compact - 300 grains
Airflo Scout - 300 and 330 grains
Beulah Elixer V2 - 250 grains

Interested in other Skagit and Scandi heads in the 300ish grain window. Ya never know what ya like until ya try it, yeah? Let me know what ya got.

Thanks for the help.

And here’s a photo of the rod... just because.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi. Nice rod! I have too many trout lines at the moment and would be willing to pass on two Steve Godshell SGS scandi heads - a 270 grain and a 300 grain. Both are a stealh willow green and around 28-29 feet I think. $30 each shipped or $55 for the pair. Tom

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Tom. They might be worth giving a go. I hadn’t considered any of Steve’s offerings. PM me details on payment. Thanks!

Still interested in other lines. Whatcha got, fellas?

R

·
Registered
419 Posts
I dont have one for sale...... but i highly recomend the new spey lites from SA. The integrated skagit with appropriate tips might be nice if you want one line that will do soft hackle and 3" sculpin or the integrated scandi for pure dry line work.
I use a 290 scandi integrated SGS line on my bob clay rod and it is a dream! Love steves lines.

That rod is a beauty! the reel is not bad either! HAve fun dialing in your setup!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, man. Thanks for the suggestion. The new SA lines are on my list to try, just a little farther down. I’ll certainly take a look eventually.

So a pair of Godshall lines coming. Anyone got the Airflos or Beulah to pass on?

R

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, to Jazzman for the 300 Scout. Down to...

300 Rage
250 Elixer V2
330 Scout

Then that’s it. Promise. Really dear. Well you see, they’re all different colors. Like your shoes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
330 Scout inbound. Anyone got a 300 Rage or the 250 Elixir before I pony up for brand new lines?

This is fun, ain’t it?

R

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Thanks, to Jazzman for the 300 Scout. Down to...

300 Rage
250 Elixer V2
330 Scout

Then that’s it. Promise. Really dear. Well you see, they’re all different colors. Like your shoes.
Like pocket books. How many pocket books do you need? Really? Twenty? I have one and it says SIMMS on it. It matches everything I wear and can carry everything I need. My wife said the other day "how come you need so many shooting heads? So many rods? They all look the same to me how different can they be"? :tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last call before I buy lines brand spanking new. Still wanting the 300 Rage and 250 Elixer V2.

R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts