Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My loving wife JUST said I could skip a social commitment and go to the fly fishing film festival in Portland tomorrow night, 1-18-14. Went to the site. Sold Out!!! Phoey! Anybody got an extra ticket?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Really want to meet Frank Moore

Going to Normandy this summer with kids. Want to meet Frank Moore who landed on Utah Beach with my Uncle, after whom I am named. Not sure Frank will be at the February show.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump to top, with hope.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Be prepared for a life experience.

Going to Normandy this summer with kids. Want to meet Frank Moore who landed on Utah Beach with my Uncle, after whom I am named. Not sure Frank will be at the February show.
Was there a few years back and until you see what/where these people landed under fire you just don't understand. Watching 'Saving Private Ryan' is a good primer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My wife and I did go

About 11 years ago, when she was with child. Kids are now 10 and 11. Time to take them. Saving Private Ryan probably a bit to much for them, but they will be watching The Longest Day.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Wow! With this kind of story I'd suggest you track him down for a cup of coffee, or a phone call. Pretty sure he'd understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts