·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks, but no interest in korkers w/ interchangeable sole

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
You many have to do a bit of research on this one.

Another posting (another board?) and most manufacturers have (apparently) stopped making felt bottom boots. Would (if I needed the information) to do some 'Google research' and find out who still carries them in their line up.

fae

·
Registered
204 Posts
Felt no more?

Say it ain't so! I've just started looking for the same boots (studded felt, in the same size as well). My low top Danners are finally giving up. Felt is definitely getting harder to find, but I'm going to keep trying. In the meantime, if you guys turn some down, send 'em my way. I might pick them up. Thanks-

·
Here to learn....
132 Posts
I have a used pair of Orvis 'Henry's Fork' with studs that could be had fairly cheaply. Only downside is they are size 13.

·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
plain felt is still available. i'm looking for studded felt. thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think I have a used pair in the garage but I am from Canada and shipping would probably be too costly to make a deal work. I will check with you next time I am going across the border and could ship from that side.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Trust me ... it would cost a 'arm and a leg.'

I think I have a used pair in the garage but I am from Canada and shipping would probably be too costly to make a deal work. I will check with you next time I am going across the border and could ship from that side.
Any time you're shipping 'International,' and that included Canada the Postie looks at you and makes a small 'Kaching-Kaching' sound.:eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Take a look at the Cabelas brand boots... I bought a pair on a road trip to MT (after realizing my Simms boots were 200 miles behind me sitting on my porch...). The ones I picked up at the store in Idaho were felt soled, but included a bag of aluminum studs that can be screwed in if desired. Like Fred says, it's an easy task.

I actually find these Cabelas boots very comfortable and find myself wearing them most of the time now, unless I'm doing a lot of hiking and bushwacking to get to the water, in which case I grab the non-felt soled boots.

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts