Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a spey rod to keep in the office and use as a practice rod. Ideally with line(s)

To explain, I travel every week and live out of a hotel. No family 3 nights a week.
I've discovered a nice pond on the college campus a few blocks from my office. Since the days are getting longer, I thought I'd get in some practice in the evenings after I finish for the day. Summer nights I'll have several hours before dark. I need lots of practice.

I could bring one of my rods down, but I'd prefer to just have a spare rod here and not have to remember to take it home if I'm going fishing.

Attributes of a "spare" rod: It casts reasonably well and doesn't break the bank. I'll probably never fish it, but it would be nice if I could. Just a training instrument that allows me to kill an hour or so in the evening. I won't judge it if it doesn't judge me... ...I'm regretting not keeping that 5 wt Sage 12'6" Z-axis I bought for a friend off Craigslist a couple years ago.

My "home" rods are a 12'6" 3/4/5 for trout and a 13' 7/8 Meiser for steelhead.

Thanks for the consideration.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi, I have a Amundson Wind Warrior 1106 4 piece that is brand new. Sold up here in Canada. You can google it for more info. Its actually a pretty decent rod and comes with a sock and tube.
I'm told it works well with a 390-420 Compact Skagit and tips, or 390 Compact Scandi with polytips... or a 9 weight Outbound with poly leaders.
It came to me in trade and I have no use for it.... you can have it for $100 US plus shipping cost.
PM for photos if you're interested

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a 13ft 8wt Cabelas LSi that I bought for a friend, but they are moving to Arizona. Not a lot of places to fish a speyrod there. it's been fished once, and taken out of the sock/tube probably two other times. Anyway, I'd let it go for $125 shipped to you. Thanks-

·
Registered
935 Posts
Spey Rod

I have a Powell 14 foot 9 weight rod. Casts very well with a 410 Airflo line. The rod is $120. The line -- never been fished -- is $30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts