Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big Fin Chaser
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys lookin for a couple lines. Need to line a beulah 5/6 switch and a beulah 9/10 switch

I want to use skagit lines.

i was thinking a 550 for the 9/10 and around 400 for the 5/6. Any advice would be great.

Thanks KK

·
Registered
78 Posts
KK,
I recently purchased the Beulah 5/6 switch rod and did quite a bit of research on lines.
Since there are still relatively few of these rods out there being used, I found the guys at Beulah to be the best source of information. Give them a call and ask to talk to Steve Godshall.....he can tell you more about lines for those rods than you have time to listen to. Outstanding product support, in my opinion.

good luck......Mike

BTW, the line I ended up with was an Airflo 40+ in 9-wt. Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but based on the advice I got from several of the Beulah guys, it should work great.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
lines

I have both those rods and the 450 works fine on the 9/10,,,althought the 350 will work on the 5/6 it is a bit much...We are working very hard toward pinning down exellent lines for the Beulah Switch rods. The Rio Outbound lines also work extremely well . If you can wait to get some of the new Hardy Mach2 Trout lines you are in for a lotta fun.Was casting the 4/5 today with the Mach 1 Trout line#8 and just kept me smiling!
Tight Lines
C
:roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts