Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
If you can't find one, take a look at the REC Components version that connects together using high strength magnets. I just got one. While i have not done a river test yet, it snaps together quickly, one-handed, is very sturdy, and comes apart manageably (without the need to press a detent button). Based upon construction and design, I believe REC Components makes wading staffs for Orvis and made the old Simms staff that you seek. If you have an old Simms staff in need of repair, it may be worth contacting REC. If they did make it for Simms, maybe they will repair it. I sent my old one to Simms after they assured me it could be repaired (the wire had frayed) and they simply destroyed it and sent me one of their new adjustable staffs.

Jim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thxs for the head up steelhd32 !
I recently lost mine (old SIMMS staff) so I hope to find a new one that can make happy on the river again,
Does ANYONE have one that hasnt been used in ? I would ike to take it off your hands and put it to good use.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would suggest that you check out the thread in the classified section “FS: Riverstick Custom-machined Wading Staffs” by member Herkileez. These are very study staffs and the reviews are universally positive. I have one and it is fantastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts