Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got over 12 years of guiding and float trips out of my last Seal-line Boundary Pack (35L size)...just replaced it with same...I just don't trust zippers and prefer a roll-top when things get really wet.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Brent,

If you're looking for a basic boat bag you should check out the 50L Scully bags from MEC. Very pleased with mine.

Well designed and the bombproof MEC warranty.

Cheers,
Preston

·
Dom
3,157 Posts
I liked my Sagebrush daypack alot but I traded it for Simms monster backpack due to bigger capacity to accommodate my gear for colder weather camp outs. Those tzips are awesome but didn't liked it for my hip pack because its tough work to open it every time I needed to reach out for my fly box.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A vote for the Sagebrush Dry Bag

I have had mine for 5 winters and it holds everything I need for a day in the drift boat in the winter. Not a drop has ever touched my extra clothing or other items inside the bag except if I opened the top in a major rainstorm. You should note that the small outside pocket is NOT waterproof but this is no big deal. I would not hesitate to buy another if something ever happened to the one I have.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You're going to get a yellow one.... Aren't you?
i'm not cool enough for yellow, hipster.

Thanks for the info here, gentlemen.
I'm reasonably set on the sagebrush of similar. A roll top is a bit of a pain, IMO - a bit slower than the zipper, though a nicer opening..... may end up with that if I can't find a sagebrush. it's certainly cheaper!
as for the zippers waterproofness, I trust it. it's the same as the one on my drysuit and neither have failed me yet! :)

btw, those Tzips work a hell of a lot better with a big of silicone lubricant. Dow Corning 111, tzip lube, ky jelly. whatever you have laying around. the latter not interchangeable with the former....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts