Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
found one, thanks -- WTB -- Sage One 5116-4 Switch Rod

Fished this rod in a 6 this last weekend and now have to have one unfortunately!

Looking for a used Sage One 5116-4 11'6" Switch Rod that is collecting dust.

Thanks for any leads.

Rodney

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,124 Posts
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but I have a Sage One 6116 that's been cast for all of 15 minutes that I'd turn loose.

PM if interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. Going to hold out for a 5116 for now. May consider other options depending how it goes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any of these out there? Need to get this and get on the river before the Steelhead quit running.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just my input but I own the 4116 and it's definitely more like a true 5 weight than 4. Going to try beach fishing with it this summer for pinks and cohos. Used a switch chucker #4 yesterday on the river and was able to cast 10' t8 no problem. Even tried 10' of t10 but that was awful. Purchased the rod for trout fishing but now I know it's capable of fishing much more. Just my two cents!

Ian

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got one.

Thanks everyone. Found a rod and it is on way.

Ian -- your comments confirm my thoughts. Would have gone with 4 weight but already have a 3 weight switch that I love and trying to fill the gap between my 8 weight full on spey and the 3 wt. I had opportunity to fish the 6wt a couple weeks ago and really liked it. I am hoping I have the same reaction to the 5.

Thanks.
Rodney

1 - 7 of 7 Posts