Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a 15' Sage greenie llle graphite in a 9 weight. if you want to sell one that is in good condition please let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sage 9150-4 graphite IIIe 4 sale!

Hi
Check out the classified by "easybc" posted on 6/28/17 currently on page 3 of classifieds. He has the rod U R looking 4 @ a great price...
Good luck...
Huck

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Check out the classified by "easybc" posted on 6/28/17 currently on page 3 of classifieds. He has the rod U R looking 4 @ a great price...
Good luck...
Huck
Thanks for the interest Huck. that rod sold on ebay for $225. I missed it.

·
JD
3,607 Posts
eBAy

You can set up a search on eBay & it will notify you when one comes up. Too bad we don't have that feature on the Spey Pages. (hint hint)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can set up a search on eBay & it will notify you when one comes up. Too bad we don't have that feature on the Spey Pages. (hint hint)
Thanks for the tip JD.

Anyone know what this rod is worth? What is a reasonable price to pay? I was offered one in excellent condition for $350. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Nate

·
JD
3,607 Posts
What generation?

Thanks for the tip JD.

Anyone know what this rod is worth? What is a reasonable price to pay? I was offered one in excellent condition for $350. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Nate
Mine was a greenie eIII. I think I let it go for less than that. I Haven't kept up with Sage's line up after that. All I know is the prices kept going up while my income kept going down. :frown2: $350 sounds reasonable. As with anything used, it's true value is gauged only by what someone else is willing to pay for it. Consider it rent on the time it's yours, before you pass it on & recoup a percentage of your investment. :chuckle:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sage 9150-4 IIIe

I believe this rod retailed new for $795. Anything in "Excellent/Like New/Pristine" used condition @ half retail price or less sounds reasonable 2 me. $300 should find U this rod used w/out 2 much toil or trouble. Curious: what line R U thinking U want 2 pair this rod with?
Enjoy & good luck!
Huck

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe this rod retailed new for $795. Anything in "Excellent/Like New/Pristine" used condition @ half retail price or less sounds reasonable 2 me. $300 should find U this rod used w/out 2 much toil or trouble. Curious: what line R U thinking U want 2 pair this rod with?
Enjoy & good luck!
Huck
I thought this rod sold for $750, but I could be wrong. It first came out, according to my research, in 2000. So it is an older rod, but still relevant in my opinion. I have two offers on the table for under $250. I am hoping to use this rod to learn to cast a long line. I was thinking of using a nextcast fall favorite.
Nate

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sage 9150-4 IIIe

Glad U found one! Re. line curious question: suspected that may B your intention for the rod. The 8/9 Nextcast FF 70' would B a very good choice/match 4 this rod. If U R new 2 long lines, U may also consider the Nextcast 55' FF as a starting point since sustained anchor casts R a bit more "user friendly" with a slightly shorter long line configuration. That said & if U choose that route, I would recommend trying both the 8/9 AND 9/10 55' to see which is ideally suited for U & the rod. Just a point of consideration...
Good Luck & Enjoy!
Huck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts