Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the Sage brownie graphite III 7wt 13 foot 6 inch. This is a 4 pc rod looking for one in good condition preferably with factory sock and tube.

Canadian deals only, I am in Skeena Land so if you are coming up this way for a hand to hand deal even better.

Cheers,

Pat

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still looking had a few offers on a similar rod, the 7136 IIIe but still looking for a 7136 graphite III.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The Graphite III is the Brownie with a traditional action compared to the GIIIe which is faster. I owned both 7136 and 15' 10 weights. The 7 weights cast the same lines in slightly different ways and the diff is much more notable between the two 10 weights.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
"I feel your pain ..."

Looking for the Sage brownie graphite III 7wt 13 foot 6 inch. This is a 4 pc rod looking for one in good condition preferably with factory sock and tube.

Canadian deals only, I am in Skeena Land so if you are coming up this way for a hand to hand deal even better.

Cheers,

Pat
Have one and there is no way would I consider parting with that rod. Butter in hand to cast. You could do 'it' with your eyes closed. I have.

fae

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on guys, it is an old rod and obsolete, get rid of it to put your down payment on the latest greatest 7136 Sage One….lol

In all seriousness though Fred do not feel bad for me I have lots of very nice fly rods and finding this one eventually will just be a bonus.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Graphite III is the Brownie with a traditional action compared to the GIIIe which is faster. I owned both 7136 and 15' 10 weights. The 7 weights cast the same lines in slightly different ways and the diff is much more notable between the two 10 weights.
Thanks, I bought the IIIe from someone on here a couple months ago; just haven't had a chance to use it yet. I usually prefer faster rods so I think I'll like it...so many rods, so little time :)

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
You're welcome and I should've revised my post to read "The Brownies are the Graphite III rods and..."

The GIIIe are a distinct olive-brown and have heard of them referred to as "Tiger Eye." I'm not sure why - maybe for the recognizable jet-black band bordered within silver-nickle trims in the butt section and in the ferrules.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
The GIIIe are a distinct olive-brown and have heard of them referred to as "Tiger Eye." I'm not sure why
I always figured it was because the color looks like the tiger eye marbles we used to have as kids - usually the shooter.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts