Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to find a SAGE 509 fly reel in good working order to fish. I know someone has one sitting around that they do not use or can part with. I just like these simple reels but unfortunately I had mine stolen from a home invasion several years ago. I will give you fair market value for these or whatever they go for in the big auction based upon condition. Thank you for your consideration.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sage #509

Gordon:
I have a Sage #509 and spare spool, Serial #576, Gloss black made by Loop.

Both spools condition 9 of 10
Cage condition 8+ of 10

If this is the reel you are searching for let me know.
I take very good care of my equipment and purchased this reel new. It has only seen freshwater duty as a Steelhead reel on a singlehand rod.
I'm in Olympia so if we are close we could meet and you can see the condition for yourself, pic's upon request.

All the best Frank

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm not familiar with a gloss black Sage 500 series reel .
I'd like to see pics of that if possible , the original 500 series reels were bronze.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think CFC is confusing the Sage 509 that made made by Hardy and copper/brown with the Sage 709 large arbor reel made by Loop/Danielson and was gloss black.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I LOVE the English made 509, a great, bullet proof reel for sure! I've been wanting one forever too and am always watching every auction on the big auction site. They show up on there about once per week, EOW sometimes. I'm genuinely impressed with the quality of most of these but the price is usually commensurate. I wish you luck in your search and look forward to seeing some of these beauties, or at least post your acquisition if you find one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sage 509

All Sage 500 series were made by Hardy, not LOOP. LOOP made their large arbor reels 700 series. Both great Reels.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still looking for the SAGE 509 made in England by Hardy. Anyone have one sitting around that they can part with? Please call or text me at (206) 371-646Five. Thank you!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts