Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Ross CLA5 reel in good used condition. An extra spool would be useful as well.
Let me know what you have.

·
Registered
850 Posts
does it have to be a 5? if you can get away with a 4 I have a nice Ross Cimarron C-4 with a spare spool, color is Matt Black. not sure what your using it for but I have had a 450 Skagit with both miracle braid and an old 20 coated rio both of which fit fine and had room for enough backing for me.

let me know
Levi

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it have to be a 5? if you can get away with a 4 I have a nice Ross Cimarron C-4 with a spare spool, color is Matt Black. not sure what your using it for but I have had a 450 Skagit with both miracle braid and an old 20 coated rio both of which fit fine and had room for enough backing for me.

let me know
Levi
Thanks for your response, Levi.
I'll be using it in warm saltwater for bonefish, and also on my switch for steelhead. I'm told "CLA" stands for Cimarron Large Arbor, which incorporates a stronger drag than the Cimarron, as well as a bronze bearing (in the larger sizes) which handles the salt better. It would also need to handle a 540gr Skagit switch with 150 yds of 30# backing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts