Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels a little sheepish posting this on a SpeyPage forum, but with a quick search I noticed a handful of these did get posted here over the years, so here we are.

Looking around for a R. L. Winston Tom Morgan Favorite, 8' 4wt. Preferably one of the original series but would buy the new release depending on condition and price.

l have a Winston Air 8'6" 4wt in excellent condition available for partial trade plus cash if interested.

Thanks
Kenreau

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yep,

I was trying to insert riverWranglers statement. When we get to our trout stream and the fish are rising, she usually gets this rod and I get my Anderson 5wt bamboo (or Scott G). Sigh.

Not a rod I could afford to sell (if I want to stay married).

Good luck with your search.

post submission add ....

As she started fishing, she preferred faster rods. For rising trout, it was a Scott STS, but it was with Bonefishing she learnt better line-cast management, and though this is "fast" casting, her timing improved. Now with a great cast behind her, she prefers a more soul-ful rod, like this Winston. As such, "the conflict" when we get on the water, who get which slow rod.

The good new, she has not carried for two hand fishing, so i get to pick which ever I want, thought she likes using the Scott ARC 1007 as a single hand tool.

·
Administrator
2,490 Posts
i saw that too. Only problem is that its in Japan.
I just bought a SAGE 389LL on the bay from Japan and have no concerns about the listing. Have done so a handful of times with success. If it’s a rod you’re after I wouldn’t pass on it for the Japan concern.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There’s one currently listed on eBay for $770, serial number is 47XXX.
Yeah, been watching that same listing. I made a reasonable offer on it and got shot down. I can get a brand new one with a fly line for $850. That's where I'm headed next.

Thx
Kenreau

1 - 11 of 11 Posts