Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some 15' Rio replacement tips for a 5wt. Those are the 55gr tips. Can't seem to find em at the local shop so I figured maybe someone on here has a couple. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
The 5wt ones don't come in 15', or at least I have never seen them. Perhaps they are just really hard to find. But the 55gr ones are in fact the 10' ones, if that is what you are looking for. Stillwater fly shop seem to have them more often than not, as well as gorge fly shop, both online.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that sucks... I didn't realize the 15' tips weren't availible in the 55gr range... I guess I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks for the help, Botsari.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just bought two 5 weight rio 15 foot type 3 and 6 tips in ebay, but they are 73 grains. The seller had another set for sale with an int, 3 and 6
To find them, search for Nextcast lines on eBay, the only us seller that has one also has the tips for sale. Mine were very inexpensive but an older model, new old stock. They are the exact same grain weight as the Nextcast 15 ft floating tips. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought two 5 weight rio 15 foot type 3 and 6 tips in ebay, but they are 73 grains. The seller had another set for sale with an int, 3 and 6
To find them, search for Nextcast lines on eBay, the only us seller that has one also has the tips for sale. Mine were very inexpensive but an older model, new old stock. They are the exact same grain weight as the Nextcast 15 ft floating tips. Hope that helps.
Aweosme! Thanks for that. I'll head over to ebay and see if he's still got em right now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi I have the 4wt 15ft intermediate but not the intouch model if you are interested, I don't think I have ever used it. I'll sell it for $22 shipped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts