Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No offense to our US neighbors, but the the Canadian dollar is making the American purchases a real challenge. Im wondering what my fellow Canucks may want to part with. I'm interested in one of the following reels:

4" Hardy Perfect - previous to current generation, with line guard. LH.
Saracione 33/4 LH
10/11 Hardy Cascapedia LH
Loop 8-11 LH
Hardy St. George Hotspur, expanded spool,LH

Open to other classic styled reels in the 11.5-12.5 ounce range.

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I hear you.

At the moment the 'exchange rate' is (to round off) 19 cents on the dollar. I understand your point, that is a 'chunk of bucks!' :eek:

Fred

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,694 Posts
I would Like

to buy reels from Canada too :)

Just kidding I am canadian in the US and really feel for my brothers

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dollar

Not only the 20 cent loss but add 12% tax and it does not make it viable.

Oh well who needs more stuff.

Grumble Grumble Grumble...................sour grapes:chuckle:

Grant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reel

Great to hear that I'm not the only Canadian feeling the crunch. Wanted to thank everyone who pm'd me. I have bought an unused Bellinger salmon reel from a board member. Should arrive in a week or so.

Thanks Spey pages!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Don't forget if they slap a duty chrge on there and brokerage, UPS are ruthless
Don't ever ship UPS, big ongoing probs with them charging duty even on US made items........to all my Canuck brothers,have all your items shipped USPS ONLY,never had a problem with duties and taxes with the postal service

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Family takes care of family.

Great to hear that I'm not the only Canadian feeling the crunch. Wanted to thank everyone who pm'd me. I have bought an unused Bellinger salmon reel from a board member. Should arrive in a week or so.

Thanks Spey pages!
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers."

·
Registered
408 Posts
Don't ever ship UPS, big ongoing probs with them charging duty even on US made items........to all my Canuck brothers,have all your items shipped USPS ONLY,never had a problem with duties and taxes with the postal service
I second that. UPS are thieves. I was sent back a repair from a reel company in the US back to me in Canada. Upon delivery the UPS guy told me I needed to pay him $147. I'm like "For What?" he said if i didn't pay it he could not give me the reel. They use the value to determine how much they will charge in fees. When I called UPS about it they told me I could make a claim with a proof from the shipper but I had to wait a couple months before they would even accept it. So USPS it is from now on. Never had problems with Fedex either.

·
Spey Is The Way
1,021 Posts
I won't even buy from the US if it can't be shipped by USPS. Also Canada Customs doesn't let much through these days without taxes and the handling fee. They used to let a lot go through, not any more. I can't remember the amount but I got hit the other day with a low value item, even surprised the post office lady.

·
Banned
690 Posts
I second that. UPS are thieves. I was sent back a repair from a reel company in the US back to me in Canada. Upon delivery the UPS guy told me I needed to pay him $147. I'm like "For What?" he said if i didn't pay it he could not give me the reel. They use the value to determine how much they will charge in fees. When I called UPS about it they told me I could make a claim with a proof from the shipper but I had to wait a couple months before they would even accept it. So USPS it is from now on. Never had problems with Fedex either.
Indeed, nuff said

·
Unregistered member
262 Posts
This is good info for us US guys who ship up north too. I've had people request UPS and I decline. Never had a problem, knock on wood, with USPS.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I will buy nothing, from the US if they wont ship it USPS. If I was dying and the meds could only come via UPS, I would rather take my last breath knowing them bastards never screwed me over. Its unbelievable that this company is aloud to stay in business. I will bad mouth UPS every second I can. UPS SUCKS, UPS SUCKS...........

As for taxes, I don't mind paying them. Yes in the back of my mind I know my tax dollars are being wasted by my Gov but I always hope they will spend it well :roll:

·
Administrator
19,089 Posts
I will never agree to use UPS ever again !!
Recently on a small package, it cost me an extra $18 US in "brokerage fees" !! This tact on to $25 US for a used line ... not cool !!

Mike

·
loco alto!
3,072 Posts
just wait and see how much it'll cost after the USA walls-off all our borders and installs a lid ... the 'Murica Dome

1 - 20 of 25 Posts