Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,047 Posts
Orvis Battenkill V

For the money, you can't beat it.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
PM Sent

Sent a few queries

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
As per Post above

Touch base on PM can sort you out for sure

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi: You said 8-weight, but didn't specify single or double-hand rod, or budget. I'm not selling anything so here are my thoughts. The St. John is a very nice reel for an 8-weight single-hander. The Marquis Salmon 2 has more capacity and is superb if you are trying to put a reel on an 8-weight double-hander, but might be more reel than you need for a single hand rod (IMO). Either would be an excellent choice for Vancouver Island.
Bottom line, consider the line and amount of backing you are going to use and purchase a reel with the capacity that will comfortably hold it.

Lots of other nice stuff out there. Orvis, Ross, Islander, etc., etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hatch 7

Hey I'd recommend a hatch 7plus. Awesome reels for the money and seeing that you're on the island.... They are a salt water reel. Good luck!
Chuck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interested in a Nautilus CCF 10? Size wise not all that different from the CCF 8. Should perform well in the salt. PM me if interested

·
Registered
361 Posts
You should be able to find a Hardy St. John. Very nice reel on a single-hand rod, especially if you just fish rivers.
An Islander LX3.8 would be nice, but your $$ limit might be a bit low. Nice reel and also good in the salt. I use the 3.8LX on my 9', 7-8 wt. coho/bonefish rods, and also on my switch rods. Very happy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
reel

I have a Ross Cimarron C-4 with 2 spare spools in very good condition listed
in the classified at $165 shipped in US or Canada for $180. With the 2 extra
spools you would have a lot of options for lines. Good value for the money.
I will bump up the listing or you can use the search under "cimarron' to find
the listing with a picture. Thanks, Stan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should be able to find a Hardy St. John. Very nice reel on a single-hand rod, especially if you just fish rivers.
An Islander LX3.8 would be nice, but your $$ limit might be a bit low. Nice reel and also good in the salt. I use the 3.8LX on my 9', 7-8 wt. coho/bonefish rods, and also on my switch rods. Very happy.
Thank you and I agree after doing some research. I will be fishing the salt as well but will have a separate setup for that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a Ross Cimarron C-4 with 2 spare spools in very good condition listed
in the classified at $165 shipped in US or Canada for $180. With the 2 extra
spools you would have a lot of options for lines. Good value for the money.
I will bump up the listing or you can use the search under "cimarron' to find
the listing with a picture. Thanks, Stan
pm sent thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts