Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Patrick Clearey
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a trout spey setup (3wt). Would entertain rods other then Redington for right price.

Or is there a sale on new rods out there I don't know about?

·
Registered
72 Posts
BigY has great combo deals on these. Check out their site or give them a call. I'm not affiliated with them. I bought the 4116 hydrogen from them with a reel and line for a great price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was looking for the same rod and picked up an Echo SR 3wt but I did see on Monday GorgeFlyShop.com had them for 249....not sure that deal is still going.

·
Patrick Clearey
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might just have to break down and pay the $350. Oh well, if you want to play! We have a no-kill section of river that is open all winter, big enough to swing. Would be fun to see if you could dredge up a good Brown.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd personally recommend an Echo TR over the Redington Hydrogen, I think the quality is a touch better. My Hydrogen is already falling apart in places after a little under an average year of use.

If you really wanted to up the ante, I would recommend an G Loomis IMX Pro, I absolutely adore mine and have nothing bad to say about it, minus the bump in cost.

Reactions: kenobione

·
Patrick Clearey
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coalbe,

Thanks for the feed back. So you think the Echo's are significantly better quality. May have to reconsider. Have only owned one Redington, older 8 wt. saltwater stick. OK rod, nothing special. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts