Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new wise with pedestal base. The HMH Spartan would be nice but I'm open for suggestions.
It needs to be shipped to me in Sweden and of course I'm paying for that (If it's not to expensive to send it here. Then I have to reconsider:/).
Not more than $150 + shipping...?
Thanks for looking!
/Tobias

·
Registered
78 Posts
tying vice

you should consider a "REGAL" tying vise....

nothing fancy but a lot of folks consider it the best vise out there.

it will NEVER allow a hook to move while tying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
regal vise

I'd steer clear of that "traveler" vise pictured. Very light base that moves around more than justin bieber. Stick w/ the bronze base, and you're hard pressed to find a better vise imo.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Here is a possibility

Would you be interested in a Dyna King??
I'm looking for a new wise with pedestal base. The HMH Spartan would be nice but I'm open for suggestions.
It needs to be shipped to me in Sweden and of course I'm paying for that (If it's not to expensive to send it here. Then I have to reconsider:/).
Not more than $150 + shipping...?
Thanks for looking!
/Tobias

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should consider a "REGAL" tying vise....

nothing fancy but a lot of folks consider it the best vise out there.

it will NEVER allow a hook to move while tying.
I'm definately interrested in a Regal but as said with the heavy base.
Thanks for the info.
/T

·
Carp aficionado
1,214 Posts
I've been using the Regal with the traveler base for a few years. It's fine. You're probably breaking thread anyway if you're torquing on it that much.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just a thought but the pedestal bases are freakin heavy! you'd save on shipping if you could use a clamp type base.
You're probably right but I'm using the clamptype today and I belive the pedestal is better and more flexible. I'm willing to spend that extra cash on shipping(as long as it's not TOO much) to get what I want:)
Thanx for the input!

·
Carp aficionado
1,214 Posts
The vise (jaws, clamp) is the same size. It's just the base that is smaller, and the the stem is bent differently to balance properly on the smaller base. It's my everyday bench vise.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Tobias

Another PM Sent

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
You're probably right but I'm using the clamptype today and I belive the pedestal is better and more flexible. I'm willing to spend that extra cash on shipping(as long as it's not TOO much) to get what I want:)
Thanx for the input!
ah, sounds good.
I have the spartan. It has been good but it's also my first rotary vice and I haven't had it long. It's pretty versatile as you can get small jaws and tube jaws for it.

good luck with your quest!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts