Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long-time Spey guy, but just blew up a custom single-hand 9wt on a strong 25 pound carp in Lake Michigan. Epic stalk and fight on crystal clear flats. Landed and released that tank, but rod exploded just above first ferrule making it a sporty event. Need a replacement! Sage, GLoomis, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hello, I have a 9' orvis shooting star 4 1/4 oz 2 piece fly rod. The tube is a bit ruff, and missing the cap. The rod itself is in good to great condition. The only thing wrong with the rod is the first eye on the tip piece is tweeked. The cork is a bit dirty from fishing it but solid no rott and has not been sanded. I fished it several times before i noticed it. The only reason i noticed it is i put the tip on off set an looked down it to line it up. The original reel seat cap was gone when i purchased it and i made a aluminum replacement. Looking at the old catalogs it should have come with a fighting butt, that was not present when i bought the rod. If interested i can send pictures. With the condition of the rod and tube would $60.00 plus shipping be a fair price? Ill put it inside another tube and pack the rod to protect it. Thanks Ron

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, I have a G Loomis Pro 4X 9 ft 9 weight you can have for $200 plus shipping. Its in excellent shape with new cork handle and fighting butt.
Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still Looking

Have PM'ed all responders and nothing connected yet. Still looking! Thanks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sage fli

Hello Power, I have a barely used safe 9' 9 weight 2 piece fli model fly rod that I simply don't have any use for. It's been sitting in its case (included) for about ten years since I've got tent into the Spey game. I paid $500 for it originally, yours for $200 Canadian. I can send pics if you like, just send me your email address. Cheers, Steelhans. (Dillon) [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts