Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm looking for a new or slightly used Patagonia aluminum river crampons. Mine wore out.

I'm located in in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

PM if you have a pair hiding in the closet.

Thanks,
Preston

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Preston,

They still sell the replacement bars and have marked them down to $19 I believe. I bought a set several months ago.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian,

I didn't think they were replaceable given the rivots. Regardless, my previous pair literally fell apart with so much wear on them, not just the aluminum bars.

I recently did a BC trip and was slipping all over the place with my Simms G3 boots that I won't make the mistake of not bringing secure footing ever again.

Looking like I've secured 2 pairs of these now so I should be good for a few years.

Once the Patagonia/Danner boot design is perfected I'll likely switch over to them...when I win the lottery.

Preston

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Brian,

I didn't think they were replaceable given the rivots. Regardless, my previous pair literally fell apart with so much wear on them, not just the aluminum bars.

I recently did a BC trip and was slipping all over the place with my Simms G3 boots that I won't make the mistake of not bringing secure footing ever again.

Looking like I've secured 2 pairs of these now so I should be good for a few years.

Once the Patagonia/Danner boot design is perfected I'll likely switch over to them...when I win the lottery.

Preston
I bit the bullet on the Danner’s. Seems like a good marriage so far. Patagonia offered the crampon bar replacement as a service at one point. I have a set of crampons and extra bars as backups. Figure I’ll take em to a machine shop to have the rivets set when the time comes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts