Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the exposed rim model. One was just on here but the threads gone and I never heard back from the guy. In any case, let me know what you have! Thanks.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,270 Posts
Hi Matt,

I'm sure you have an active search on the auction site right? I've noticed a good many over the years, they were made by STH were they not?

Ard

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Matt,

I'm sure you have an active search on the auction site right? I've noticed a good many over the years, they were made by STH were they not?

Ard
I found one on Fleabay...but it's over $190! They seemed to be STH made, yes. The one on the forums was in great shape and the guy wanted $60 which I think was very reasonable.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,270 Posts
Generally speaking if a small trout reel comes for sale here they are priced low because the owner is simply moving them on. On the auction because of the various surcharges things tend to be higher because of the (roughly) 11.5% which is lost to charges. However, when you are truly after something the selection on auction is constantly being refreshed. I don't buy much in the way of tackle there but when I do it is something I want and at that point one bites their lip and buys :)

I'm curious, why does it have to be the presentation model?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Generally speaking if a small trout reel comes for sale here they are priced low because the owner is simply moving them on. On the auction because of the various surcharges things tend to be higher because of the (roughly) 11.5% which is lost to charges. However, when you are truly after something the selection on auction is constantly being refreshed. I don't buy much in the way of tackle there but when I do it is something I want and at that point one bites their lip and buys :)

I'm curious, why does it have to be the presentation model?
I like the look of it...don't care much for the CFO or Battenkill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts