Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi: Put this on the sales thread, but thought I might have some luck here. They changed the dye lots on this colour (Flashabou, 6916, steel grey) a while back ... (Years ago!). The new flashabou with the same code is a darker version - I have lots of that.

The stuff I'm looking for would have been in your collection for years. If you have some that is (literally) gathering dust, let me know. The Flashabou I'm looking for is the same greyish silver colour as anti-static hard drive bags.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sounds like your looking for either Black Pearl or Pearl Black. I can never remember which it is :confused:

Material I'm choked about is the fact they changed the colour of Gunmetal flashabou. :tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is gunmetal grey. They changed it too. Probably the same one you are choked about. Tied a mean chironomid.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Glad I tie mine nearly invincible and I have around 70% of a package left because when it's done I'll be a very sad guy :tsk_tsk:

Key is to do two coats of Loctite brushable super glue (now packaged as LePage brand)

I have had flies last me well over 100 fish before the ribbing finally snaps. If the fishing is that good a lot of the time I'll re coat them every evening to make them last even longer, especially now that they messed with the dye colour !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably enough to last you a few years. A friend has three different colours (all the same code)! Years ago when I went to Christmas Island, I ordered fluorescent orange krystal flash. Ended up with at least 5 different shades of the same dye code, and three of those came into my retailer on the same order!

Anyhow, enjoy. I never had the earlier colour in the first place so I'll keep doing my thing. At least I don't know what I'm missing! Such is life!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts