Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new 7 wt. Of course a burkie would be the goal but I just don't know if I can go that high but if you have a 7127, 7134, or something close and are willing to let it go please let me know.

What I assume I'll be getting is a Meiser, again 7 wt in the 13ish ft range. I'd prefer an "s" but not set on that.

Hell just let me know what you have, need a Scandi rod!!

·
Administrator
18,164 Posts
Do not under estimate the Highlander Classic series :tsk_tsk:
I too am a big fan of the Scandinavian shooting head .
All of my Highlander Classics excel with scandi heads . A great designed rod can throw a variety of lines very well .
I have Guideline PT's , DDC's and of course Steve Godshall's Skandit , BC Shooting Heads and SGS Scandi lines for all of my Highlanders .

Good luck with your search :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, no issue with the classic at all, I'd take on of those just as fast 😁

I will check with poppy, thanks guys

I would love to buy that 7134 but it's a custom build and I could buy all the components for about the same price so I just can't bring myself to doing it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looking for a new 7 wt. Of course a burkie would be the goal but I just don't know if I can go that high but if you have a 7127, 7134, or something close and are willing to let it go please let me know.

What I assume I'll be getting is a Meiser, again 7 wt in the 13ish ft range. I'd prefer an "s" but not set on that.

Hell just let me know what you have, need a Scandi rod!!
Not to highjack the thread..But if a Burkie is your goal than don't settle for anything other than what you want... That said still haven't met a Burkie that comes close(For my stroke) to the 1307S for running Scandi.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up going with a burkie 7127 from a member. I figure that's what I've always wanted so if I settle I'll be doing this again in 6 months and If for some reason I don't like it I'm sure I won't have trouble finding someone that would take her from me 😁

1 - 11 of 11 Posts