Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure but I heard that at one point meiser had a trout spey that was super light action in the 3/4/5. Interested to see if anyone has one they want to sell or can give me any insight as to how they like it and its sensitivity. I currently own the Beaulah Platinum 5wt and its amazing for trout. Its actually a true trout spey. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Have one.

As a three (280 grain by Steve G) and the this is one of the best rods I've ever cast. Seriously, I can hit close to 90 feet .. which means you have no idea what the hells going on at the end of your line.

Lined as a 4 or a 5 the rod is a total dud. Sorry Bob.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the "ready to wrap" kit I am planning to list for sale. I bought it over a year ago, and my buddy just doesn't have time to build it. Package has never been opened. Let me know if you are interested.

briansII

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have this rod also with a line by Steve, around 300 grns is excellent on this rod you get close to 400 and it creeks the cork some. I really enjoy this rod with the small Grand Ronde steelies.
Lance

·
Registered
95 Posts
Meiser rod 4wt 12/6

I have this rod and a line by steve.I fish locally in vermont where the fish- trout very seldom reach 20in.It cast great ( slow action ) and a lot of fun.Caught 2 tonight on it.I might even try steelhead on it.
peter

·
Registered
29 Posts
As a three (280 grain by Steve G) and the this is one of the best rods I've ever cast. Seriously, I can hit close to 90 feet .. which means you have no idea what the hells going on at the end of your line.

Lined as a 4 or a 5 the rod is a total dud. Sorry Bob.
With great respect for Fred, whose posts entertain, educate and enlighten me, I will say that I have fished this rod lined as a 4/5 and I found it to be an eight sided whispering hallelujah hatrack of a rod. I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone considering it as a 4/5. As always, YMMV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts