Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Meiser 12'6' 3-5.
If you have one hiding in a closet that you would be willing to sell please let me know. The 4,5,6 I had for trade has been sold so I'm looking to buy.
Larry
208-755-8661

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Great rod, I wish you luck!

Have one Larry and I wish you luck. One of the most fun 'trouter-small steelhead' rods going. When you cast same, just hold the rod in your finger tips. You can not force cast this rod with a grain weight as low as 250.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have one Larry and I wish you luck. One of the most fun 'trouter-small steelhead' rods going. When you cast same, just hold the rod in your finger tips. You can not force cast this rod with a grain weight as low as 250.
I guess I'll have to send Vinny and Guido over for a short visit with you.:D

I am also thinking that the 12'6' 4wt S rod would also be a good candidate.
What lines are you using?
Anyone have experience with the S rods?

The plan is to throw streamers in the upper Columbia this spring for the lunker
browns and rainbows and will also use it on the larger Montana rivers.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Have two lines for same, both from Steve Gotshall. Grain range on this rod is 250 to 400 (lower number for a 3wt, etc.) Can't find the 'cheat sheet' for the 3wt but it's 280 grains, length I'd have to guess at/just under 30.'

The 4wt line is 322 grains at 30.' You can put very light tip grain head on the 4 (65 grains) but what I use are floating or sinking Furled leaders (6' with another 3-4 foot of tippet off the 'tippet ring').

Even with the 3wt, these things lay out straight as an arrow and lightly weighted flies will sink like a small rock. Other option is a 10' floating Polly Leader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts