Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

With the winter slowly setting in, I know that a few of you out there are considering a new stick for the spring or have a rod laying around that just isn't being used anymore.

I am looking for a 15' or 16'er in the 8/9wt window to toss longer lines. It doesn't have to be new but I'm only looking for a rod that's been healthily cared for.

My wish list is:
Bruce Walker Powerlite 15' 7-9wt ( I know I'm dreaming..)
Mieser MKS 15' 8/9wt
GLoomis Greased line GLX 15' 8/9wt

Of course I'd be open to other rods that I have not listed that you feel may fit the bill.

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I have a GLoomis Greased line GLX 15' 8/9wt that I could part with. My wife thinks that 8 spey rods is excessive. Woops, my rod is actually the 9/10 model. Sorry. (Canadian, eh)

PM sent.

Rog

·
''Speydo-masochist''
1,265 Posts
Hi,

I have a GLoomis Greased line GLX 15' 8/9wt that I could part with. My wife thinks that 8 spey rods is excessive.

PM sent.

Rog
You must educate her otherwise; have you tried the "speyrods = ladies shoes approach"? The logic my cousin's wife applies is that she can't have too many shoes as she doesn't wish to be seen in the same pair by the same people on successive occasions.

So, if you apply the same thought process to Spey rods?.........

But it may just be best to do what my friend does - don't tell her you bought another & keep it at a (single) friends house; having sworn said friend (i.e. Me) to a mafia like vow of silence of course!

Regards, Tyke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts