Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to buy a multi tip LINE for my Loop rod.

I would like the head to be 40ft-55ft (including tips) and be able to throw sink tips and weighted flies if necessary. Rod is rated for 575 to 700gr... I'm not a dredger so 10' of t-10 max, I sometimes throw short heavier tips to get past top water quickly

Thanks in advance!

JJ

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts
Maybe a little more info ??
What grain weight and length are you looking for and possibly what style of line ??

Mike

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, good point... adjusted in original post

·
Registered
49 Posts
My go to line on my 14' rod for winter fishing is a Rage, 510g - 570g depending on the fly and river. Line is 31', so a bit over 40' with a 10' tip.

I am a fast touch and go caster, however, which is why I prefer fewer grains in my lines.

The other possibility is a Rio Scandi, about 34-35' in length or so. They will struggle to turn over bigger flies and even t-10 however, unless you are a really good caster.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the suggestions!

I am familiar with both of these lines and enjoy casting them both a lot. I guess I am looking for something along these lines, no pun intended, but that is a full line not a running line/ shooting head system.

Cheers!

·
FISHIN' FREELANCER
1,425 Posts
A line that might make your criteria: Ballistic Vector Variable Tip Launcher Line

Lengths and grain weights provided through drop box on linked page.

Product Description

Short belly variable tip system. Yellow head, orange running line. Front end is looped and includes a floating tip. Will accommodate any brand of sinktip matched to the line size.

5/6 = 430gr @ 41'
6/7 = 460gr @ 44'
7/8 = 540gr @ 47'
8/9 = 610gr @ 51'
9/10= 690gr @ 55'
10/11 790gr @ 61'

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah those sound just about perfect shotgunner, thank you!

Anyone have the 8/9 for sale? haha

JJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts