Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
you may consider checking a south african board for one. Are they being imported to the USA? When I lived in SA, they were everywhere there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you may consider checking a south african board for one. Are they being imported to the USA? When I lived in SA, they were everywhere there.
Thank you for the info, but I fear it may no longer be relevant. According to Jay Smit, designer/builder of the JVice, most of the existing JVice's reside in the USA. Jay sends his vise all over the world directly, the shipping cost to the USA currently about $100. I posted the WTB hoping to find one here and hopefully avoid that steep shipping charge, but if I have no luck within reasonable time will order a vice from the maker and swallow the shipping fee.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I got one from him for Christmas and my wife only paid $30 for shipping to Canada. That was with the standard vise and no base. The base I had for my previous vise fits it fine.

It's an awesome vise by the way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one from him for Christmas and my wife only paid $30 for shipping to Canada. That was with the standard vise and no base. The base I had for my previous vise fits it fine.

It's an awesome vise by the way.
Interesting...I had read the vice stem of the JVice is 10mm, slightly larger than the industry standard 3/8". Whose base are you using with your JVice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts