Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, looking for a jetboat that does this:

I will mostly boat on the Skeena mainstem and the tributaries between Kalum and Ecstall. I may occasionally take it out in the Harbour on very calm days to crab/troll but that would not be the typical use. My main priority is accessing rivers to fish for steelhead and salmon and access hunting spots. I plan to take it up the MK/Prophet once a year to hunt Elk and possibly up north as well. About 80% of the time the boat will be used for fishing with 2 or less people; the other 20% of the time will be used for hunting with 3 or less people + game. My top criteria include: reliable, durable, nimble. I'd prefer a centre console and UHMW so I can get the boat unstuck when I'm by myself.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Awesome!!

Lucky dog!

·
Administrator
2,450 Posts
UHMW what's that?
Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene. Essentially a piece of super engineered, highly slippery and highly wear resistant piece of "plastic" sheeting that is fastened to a boats hull. Allows the boat to slide across rock, gravel, etc without sticking. Aluminum tends to "stick" versus slide.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Man that's real nice of you and I haven't even met you. :grin2: It is the weight of moose or elk that is going to dictate the size of boat that you are going to end up with. When you start to put an extra 1000 lbs. of gear and meat from a hunting trip it kinda limits your options for a "nimble" sled. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Teezee,

When I had my Jet boat I found a good source is Meanchicken.net It's a Jetboat Forum forum with pretty friendly folks as well. The have a pretty good Classified section.

Good Luck

Phil

MeanChicken

·
Registered
99 Posts
My budget or my wife's? ha ha. Seriously though, <30k for used. Hopefully a used Tomcat in good shape (if I can even find one).
You could probably convince Steve to build you a Snapper with no paint and a centre strip of plastic for ~30k. Last build sheet I looked at was 29,500 for a snapper. There will be a premium for the SJ now with our dollar in the tank though. We're very happy with our CC Piranha. I looked for a used one forever, but I found they were all only 7k less than a new one.

·
Registered
824 Posts
My budget or my wife's? ha ha. Seriously though, <30k for used. Hopefully a used Tomcat in good shape (if I can even find one).
You sir , have good taste in your boat selection ,
I know of a good used one ' it's in Lloydminster Alberta , and I think if I can remember it's a early 2003 boat , and it has a brand new sport jet with only 8 hrs on it , he had it listed on kijji , wanted $25 ,000 , it might be sold now , if you can't find it ,let me know and I'll try to search it up for you ,

And whatever boat you get , lock it up really good , just a couple weeks ago on the Outlaw forum , 2 more Outlaw jet boats got stolen , with all the job layoffs , allot of stuff is getting stolen , from quads to RV's and allot of boats going missing

·
Registered
684 Posts
2 more Outlaw jet boats got stolen , with all the job layoffs , allot of stuff is getting stolen , from quads to RV's and allot of boats going missing
Is Thievery the best form of flattery? There's a reason the Outlaws get stolen -- and it's more than their name. Nice boats, for sure! If that used one is available for 25k, you should jump on it -- but for heaven sakes, buy it. And then insure it! And chip it! Forget the family dog in the bow of the boat --- Outlaw boats require a pit bull to stand guard while you dine inside after a day of fishing :smile2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Dutch, Thanks for the tip. I looked on the Lloydminster Kijiji and couldn't find the boat. Someone on the Outlaw forum also mentioned that same boat. Maybe it sold? Too bad, that boat would be perfect. If you know the seller's number perhaps you can PM me and I'll give him a call?

As for insurance. Hell yeah. My wife gave me the green light to buy a nice boat and I won't get a second chance. I'll insure that thing to the tits so I'm not boat-less if it gets lifted. I live on the north coast BC....you couldn't find a more honest community....but bad apples show up everywhere I suppose.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ok , I did some searching for you , I'm pretty sure he sold it now , yet here is his cell number he had when he listed it , I seen pictures of it and it was in good condition , I even called outlaw myself and talked with Tyler about the boat

Good luck and text him , 1-780-871-4913

If you don't get it , I know where there was a brand spanking new one sitting waiting for you with your name on it , it is a 17 ft also with a 200 Sport Jet in it , cover and all done up nice ,
Sometimes better to go with brand new as then you know what's been done to it ,
Pm me and let me know how you make out , if he still has it , I can go look at it for you as I'm fairly close

1 - 15 of 15 Posts